Relationship Therapy in Toronto
Relationships are an enormous part of our lives and inevitably form and influence who we are. Although when we think of relationships, we may think of partners or spouses, our relationships with our families and friends are also formative and important.
Sometimes, issues arise in our relationships and we don’t always have the right tools to address them. That is where relationship therapy comes in. Some signs you may need relationship therapy are:
- You frequently miscommunicate
- You leave most problems unresolved
- You fight with your partner or loved one often
- You feel frequently invalidated in your relationship
- You feel a lot of passive aggression in your relationship
- You seem to always argue about the same thing without resolution
- You or your loved one constantly try to push your feelings under the rug
If these situations sound familiar, it might be time to talk to someone. You can learn more about finding a couples counsellor here.
What is Relationship Therapy?
Counselling and Psychotherapy can provide lasting positive change in your relationship.
Relationship therapists help you explore the root causes of your relationship issues, which can include:
- Trust issues
- Life transitions
- Lack of intimacy
- Money problems
- Dating difficulties
- Major life transitions
- Ending a relationship
- Personality differences
- Difficulty communicating
- Overcoming grief and loss
- Household responsibilities
- Controlling or needy partners
- Parenting and blended families
- A toxic or judgmental household climate
- Coping with each other’s extended family
With an objective third party, you and your loved one can learn to reconnect, and find new, healthier ways of relating to one another. Want to know if couples therapy is right for you? Read Will Couple Counselling Help My Relationship?
Does Relationship Therapy Work?
According to the American Psychology Association, relationship therapy is 75% effective in resolving couples issues.
It’s important to remember that the success of relationship therapy is based on the work you and your partner are willing to put in. Relationship therapy can help you and your partner:
- Resolve long standing issues
- Learn to communicate effectively
- Learn about one another’s love language
- Learn how to approach problems together
- Come up with solutions to strengthen your bond and relationship
- Learn about your attachment style and how it impacts your relationship
If you’re still not sure whether you could benefit from relationship therapy, check out the article 10 Signs it May be Time for Couples Counselling.
How does Relationship Therapy at KMA work?
Psychotherapy and Counselling here at KMA Therapy begins with a 50-minute consultation with one of our intake counsellors.
During these 50 minutes, we will ask important questions to determine the nature of the problem and the treatment approach needed.
We also ask questions to get a better sense of your personalities. Here at KMA, we believe it’s important that your therapist is the ‘right fit’. The consultation is also a wonderful time to address any questions you may have.
At the end of the consultation we will provide you with a customised ‘plan of action' that includes:
- The recommended relationship therapist who is best equipped to suit your needs
- The expected duration of therapy (if applicable)
- A recommendation for any additional testing or psychological services we feel would be helpful
The fee for consultations is $190. It is usually covered by the workplace benefits package.
Get Started With Relationship Therapy Today
KMA is open daily from 10am-9pm in most of our locations. You can find us at:
We also offer online sessions. Give us a call if you have any questions at 416-487-6288.
To get started with relationship therapy, you can fill out the registration form below, and one of our qualified specialists will reach out.
To learn more about other services we offer, check out our issues page.