Divorce Therapy and Counselling in Toronto
Both separation and divorce can be lengthy processes, during which it is most important to keep the channels of communication wide open. The right divorce advice from appropriate professionals can help you to feel more comfortable and sane during this time of crisis. Communicating effectively when you are both emotional can at times seem impossible. However, remaining at the very least polite and cooperative is vital, especially if you have children. You may be splitting up, but you are going to be parents the rest of your lives.
What is Divorce Therapy and Counselling?
Divorce and Separation counselors at KMA offering divorce counselling will help you to:
- understand normal reactions to stress and loss
- explore the possible reasons for the break-up
- understand what might be going on for you and your partner now
- communicate effectively with your partner
- help you to explore sources of support
- advice you of appropriate services
- identify and access your own personal resources
- communicate with the most important people in your life
- advice you on how to support the children
- facilitate re-engagement with each other if there is a glimmer of hope
- re-engage with life and find new meaning if there isn't
- 'normalize' feelings, thoughts and behaviours during this time of crisis
How does Divorce Counselling at KMA work?
Psychotherapy and Counselling here at KMA Therapy begins with a 50 minute consultation with one of our intake counsellors.
In these fifty minutes, we will ask important questions to determine the nature of the problem and the treatment approach needed. We’re also asking questions to get a better sense of your personalities. Here at KMA, we believe it’s very important that your counselor is the right fit. The consultation is also a wonderful time to address any questions you may have.
At the end of the consultation we will set you up with a customized ‘plan of action’ – this includes the recommended divorce/separation counselor who is best equipped to suit your needs, the expected duration of therapy (if applicable), and a recommendation for any additional testing or psychological services we feel would be helpful.
The fee for 50 minute consultations is $190 and this is usually covered by your workplace benefits package.
All subsequent sessions are 50 minutes in duration.
Self-Help Reading on Divorce and Separation & Counselling
“The Good Divorce” by Contances Ahrons (1995).
“Conscious Divorce – Ending a Marriage with Integrity” by Susan Allison (2001).
Divorce and Separation Counselling in Toronto and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Services offered at KMA Therapy includes: counselling for separation and divorce, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with separation therapists and counsellors in Toronto, marriage therapy and marriage management counselling in Toronto.