Anxiety Counselling in Toronto
Anxiety is a general term for several disorders that cause nervousness, fear, apprehension, and worrying. Mild anxiety is vague and unsettling, while severe anxiety can be extremely debilitating, having a serious impact on daily life, relationships, and career.
Issues that can be overcome through anxiety counselling are:
- Social Anxiety: fear and avoidance of meeting new people, socializing in a crowd, and public speaking.
- Panic Attacks: overwhelming terror and belief that something bad could happen at any moment.
- Phobias: fear and avoidance of places or things such as flying, driving, animals, crowds, and other.
- Traumas: witnessing or surviving assaults, childhood neglect, accidents, death, and violence.
What is Anxiety Counselling & Psychotherapy?
Counselling and Psychotherapy can help you achieve lasting change in dealing with anxiety. During your first consultation, we customize a Psychotherapy and Counselling treatment plan that’s right for you. Anxiety counselors at KMA help you explore the root causes of your anxiety, which can include workplace issues, family relationships, and social environments. Our anxiety therapists also develop treatment plans which empower you to take control: Developing tools and resources to handle the anxiety on your own, and promoting psychologically healthier patterns of living.
How does Anxiety Counselling at KMA work?
Psychotherapy and Counselling here at KMA Therapy begins with a 50 minute consultation with one of our intake counsellors.
In these fifty minutes, we will ask important questions to determine the severity and treatment approach needed for your anxiety:
- When did the anxiety begin?
- What are your unique symptoms in suffering from anxiety?
- What are your current coping mechanisms for anxiety?
- What life situations are contributing to the severity of anxiety in your life?
We’re also asking questions to get a better sense of your personality. Here at KMA, we believe it’s very important that we get to know you so that your counselor is the ‘right fit’. The consultation is also a wonderful time to address any questions you may have.
Finally, we will provide you with a customized ‘plan of action’ – this includes the recommended anxiety counselor who is best equipped to suit your needs, a recommended duration of therapy (if applicable), and any additional testing or psychological services we feel would be helpful.
The fee for consultations is $190 and this is usually covered by your workplace benefits package.
Self-Help Reading on Anxiety Management & Counselling
Bourne, E.J. The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook, (2007).
Anxiety Counselling in Toronto and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Services offered at KMA Therapy includes: counselling for anxiety, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with anxiety therapists and counsellors in Toronto, anxiety therapy and anxiety management counselling in Toronto.