Anger Management Therapy in Toronto
Anger is one of our natural responses to the world around us. We often think of anger as a negative thing, but it can lead to some positive change when communicated in the right way.
Anger becomes an issue when it becomes all-consuming and leads to harmful decisions. Signs that you may have anger management issues include:
- You can’t seem to snap out of your anger
- You notice that small things make you very angry
- Others have voiced concern over your anger issues
- You often regret the things you do or say when angry
- You hurt yourself or others physically or verbally when you’re angry
They're often associated with their families, friends, and coworkers, but most of all, anger issues affect the individual experiencing them. Anger management issues are associated with lower life satisfaction, negative physical health, and worsened relationships. They are also often signs of depression or anxiety.
What is anger management therapy?
Anger management therapy is individual therapy targeted at finding the root of your anger while teaching you:
- How to effectively mediate your anger
- How to feel at peace and take back control of your life
- How to communicate your feelings to the people around you
- Tools and techniques to keep you from harming yourself and your loved ones
You can expect to sit with your therapist weekly for one on one 50-90 minute sessions.
Controlling your anger can help in every aspect of your life, from your relationships to your physical health to your career.
Read our ranking of the best anger management therapists in Toronto to learn more.
Does anger management therapy really work?
The short answer? Yes, anger management therapy is an effective way to handle your anger.
Anger management therapy can help you:
- Learn calming techniques to gain control over your anger
- Understand the other feelings masked behind your anger
- Let go and forgive things that happened in your past
- Improve your relationships with others and yourself
- Figure out where your anger issues come from
- Learn to express yourself without lashing out
- Resolve conflicts in healthy ways
Identifying an anger issue isn’t always an easy task. Learning the signs you might need help with anger management will help you know if therapy could be a great fit for you.
How does anger management therapy at KMA work?
Anger management therapy at KMA Therapy begins with a 50-minute introductory session with one of our intake counsellors.
In these 50 minutes, we will ask important questions to determine the severity and treatment approach needed for your anger management:
- What are your current coping mechanisms when you feel angry?
- How does your anger come out? Is it internal or external?
- How have your anger issues most affected your life?
- In what situations do you feel the angriest?
Here at KMA Therapy, we believe it’s important that we get to know you so that your anger management therapist is the right fit. The consultation is also a wonderful time to address any questions you may have.
We will provide you with a customized plan of action. It will include the anger management therapist who is best equipped to help you, as well as any additional testing or psychological services we feel will be helpful.
Get started with anger management therapy today
KMA is open daily from 10 am to 9 pm in most of our locations. You can find us at:
If you have any questions, give us a call at 416-487-6288.
To get started with anger management therapy, you can fill out the registration form below, and one of our qualified specialists will reach out.
Book a session today if you’re ready to begin therapy.
To learn more about the support we offer, explore our Therapies page.
Explore whether therapy is the best option for you by reading Will Psychotherapy Help Me?
Let us help you take back control of your life.