How to Find a Therapist for Self-Esteem in Toronto
If you’re struggling with low self-esteem, it can be challenging to seek out a therapist – even when you know it could help.
Here at KMA, we’re here to make the process easier for you. For over 14 years, we’ve been helping our clients find the best therapist to overcome their challenges.
To help you find the best therapist for you, we’ve curated a simple 5-step plan to find a self-esteem therapist in Toronto.
By the end of this article, you’ll have an understanding of what can cause low self-esteem, how therapy can help, and how to find a great therapist in Toronto.
1. Know What Can Cause Low Self-Esteem
Many factors in life can cause issues with self-esteem, ranging from past memories to current life circumstances.
Your self-esteem can be affected by:
- Family dynamics
- Major life changes
- Relationship issues
- Ongoing stressful events
- Challenges with body image
Whether your challenges with self-esteem are new or ongoing, you deserve to feel better about your ability to thrive in life.
2. Explore How Therapy Can Help With Self-Esteem
No matter what is causing your struggles with self-esteem, therapy can help with many of the associated challenges.
Signs you may benefit from therapy for self-esteem include:
- An inability to set boundaries or assert yourself
- Feeling self-conscious a lot of the time
- Being hyper-critical of your mistakes
- A lack of confidence in your abilities
Attending therapy for self-esteem can help you reduce the intensity of these feelings and replace them with healthier thought patterns.
3. Learn What Types of Therapy May Work for You
Several types of therapy could help you to improve your self-esteem.
Effective therapies for self-esteem include:
Your therapist will work with you to decide what techniques will work best for you.
4. Explore What Type of Therapist Might Be Best for You
Several different types of therapists in Toronto can support you in improving your self-esteem.
Types of therapists in Toronto include:
- Social Workers
Learning about different types of therapists can help you find your best fit.
5. Research the Best Therapists Near You
Doing research on websites like Psychology Today can be a great way to find a therapist for self-esteem.
When choosing a therapist, you’ll want to consider their cost per session, area of expertise, and therapeutic approach.
It can help to use the following questions as a guide:
- Where are they located?
- Do they take your insurance?
- How much is their cost per session?
- What is their therapeutic approach?
- Do they offer online or in-person sessions?
- How have they previously supported clients in improving their self-esteem?
Reading our list of questions to ask a new therapist can be helpful in preparing for your first session with your therapist.
Next Steps to Finding a Therapist for Self-Esteem in Toronto
After reading this article, you now understand the signs of low self-esteem, how therapy can help, and questions to help you find a great therapist.
Here at KMA, therapy for self-esteem happens in three simple steps:
1. Book an introductory session
2. Get matched with the best therapist for you
3. Begin the therapy process and feel more confident
If you’re not yet ready to book your introductory appointment, read these articles to learn more:
- To learn more about how to improve self-esteem, read: 5 Ways to Boost Your Self-Esteem Today
- If struggles with body image are impacting your eating habits, read: How to Find a Therapist for Eating Disorders in Toronto
- If low self-esteem is impacting how you react to opportunities, read: What is Self-Sabotaging Behaviour – and 3 Ways to Stop It