With an increase in technology, fundamental social skills are on the decline. There are, however, steps we can take which will pave a path to a better living standard. I am a huge advocate for the following eight steps, steps which contribute to an individual becoming the best possible version of themselves.
1. The first and most important step is to have PASSION and LOVE in your life. You need to be surrounded by individuals who love you and want nothing but the best for you. People who want to see you succeed because they truly know how special of a person you are. Passion, as much as it is about receiving love, is just as much about giving it. Itâ€™s about finding that job that you always wanted, that hobby you can no longer live without, that reason to fight for something that you truly care for. Passion allows you to make and achieve your goals, whether they are academic or personal (including things such as travel, career or fitness. The popularly quoted Beatlesâ€™ song â€śall you need is loveâ€ť targets ad expresses this idea perfectly. Keep the people you love close because they are the ones who will support you in your life journeys.
2. HARD WORK is something that is consistently taught from a young age. If you want to succeed you need to work hard with regards to all aspects of your life. You need to work hard in order to discover and maintain a type of life that you are always going to be proud of. Imagine yourself in five years, ten years and fifteen years: you have to picture where the finish line is for that long journey of hard work. Always think of the positive outcomes that will come.
3. HUMILITY is an important quality to practice throughout your success. Through your hard work in achieving your goals you inevitably will face challenges. The ability to recognize the hardships of your journey is satisfying and is a great alternative to the resulting mistreatment of others while exhibiting an entitled personality. It is important to be grateful for what you have and offer your help in areas you specialize in to those who need it.
4. We all get stuck in places of sadness, anger and frustration. Life is all about overcoming obstacles. Life is filled with pushing through the obstacles which present themselves in front of our goals. ENDRANCE through these times is an attribute which will allow one to successfully get through these rough times, leaving one feeling satisfied in the end. Endurance is not only physical. IT is important to endure through both spiritual and mental obstacles as well as the physical.
5. Another way of getting out of that dark place is coming up with new, bright ideas about how to overcome an obstacle. Harvey Spectre, a television character on the Toronto-filmed series â€śSuitesâ€ť reiterates the concept that we always have a choice. One of his lines, which I find most relatable is â€śWhat are your choices when someone puts a gun to your head? You do what they say or they shoot you? Neither. You take the gun, or you pull out a bigger one. Or you call their bluff. Or you do any one of a hundred and forty-six other things.â€ť It is important to keep in mind that there is never just one way to do, succeed, or achieve something. If you ever find yourself stuck in a situation, try taking another perspective and approach the situation with a new angle.
6. SELF IMPOROVMENT is a key act in achieving new goals and overcoming new obstacles. You need to be able to grow mentally in order to think of new ideas and to be able to push your self.
7. Another major step is RESPECT. The Western World has a golden rule: treat others as you would like to be treated. However, this does not implement the assumption that how people treat you is how theyâ€™d like to be treated. Someoneâ€™s disrespectful behaviour towards you does not constitute disrespectful behaviour from you towards them.
8. The final step is PERSISTENCE. You need be tough and never give up. The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary. You need to keep working hard and never look back because the only way that you are going is up. Never take anything for granted and never make the same mistakes, but most importantly try not to mind the negative people and what they have to say. The greatest fear in the world is found within the opinions of others. You are no longer a part of a herd of sheep the moment you become unafraid of your herd; you have now become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.
By: Bruno NgjeliuÂ